Health First Gives Back
A healthy lifestyles program designed to teach families about nutrition and fitness.
- “Family BeFit” is a free eight-week program, led by a wellness expert from the University of Florida Extension Service. It is designed to help family members of all ages develop a healthier lifestyle through interaction and activities.
- Participating families are represented by one or more children, ages 10-18 years of age, their parent(s) or caregiver(s).
- Sessions are held once a week and are 1½ hours in duration which include a healthy snack for taste testing.
The goal of the “Family BeFit” program is to:
- Learn more about nutrition and making better food choices
- Learn how family communication about food can be easier, more fun, and more effective
- Learn how other families deal with food and health issues
- Learn fun games and activities for the family
- Encourage students to maintain an activity log
In 2015, a total of 143 participated in the “Family BeFit” program from the following organizations:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida - Cocoa Branch
- Golfview Elementary School - Rockledge
- Brevard Neighborhood Development Coalition DOCK - Melbourne
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida - Temple Terrace, Melbourne
- City of Melbourne Parks & Recreation summer camp - Wickham Park
- City of Melbourne Parks & Recreation summer camp - Lipscomb Park
- Melbourne PAL summer camp
If your organization is interested in learning more about the program, please email email@example.com for more information.