Did you know...?
- Drug abusing employees have 300 percent higher medical costs and benefits which consequently increases health insurance rates. (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Illicit drug users are five times more likely to file a workers' compensation claim. (US Department of Justice)
- Studies show that a substance abuser will function at about 67 percent of their capacity! (National Institute on Drug Addiction)
- Employees using drugs are three times more likely to be late for work and 2.5 times more likely to have absences of eight or more days. Substance abusers have an average absentee rate of 30 to 35 days per year! (US Chamber of Commerce)
Drug tests can identify alcohol, prescription drugs, and illegal drugs in a person's body, and as an employer, you may choose to test for one or all of these substances. Drug testing is an important tool employers use to protect their workers and workplaces from the negative effects of alcohol and other drugs.
Together with Quest Diagnostics, Inc., a Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and SAMHSA-certified laboratory, Health First Occupational Medicine provides Brevard's most comprehensive drug and alcohol testing program:
- Four HRS- and DOT-certified drug collection sites throughout Brevard County.
- Two collection sites open 24 hours a day (Health First Cape Canaveral Hospital and Health First Palm Bay Community Hospital), providing exceptional convenience and coverage for Brevard County employers.
- Four Evidential Breath Test (EBT) collection sites (two are open 24 hours a day).
- Collections (including EBT) available at your worksite, with 72 hours notice (minimum of five donors per hour).
- Directed by residency-trained, board-certified occupational medicine physicians certified as Medical Review Officers by MROCC and Independent Medical Examiners by American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
Some of the services Health First Occupational Medicine offers include:
- All federal NIDA 5-panel drug testing that meets DOT, FAA, Coast Guard, NASA, and other federal agency guidelines.
- Florida HRS drug testing (5, 8, and 10-panels) required by Florida's Drug-Free Workplace Act.
- Non-regulated testing (for large companies that aren't required to meet DOT or HRS guidelines).
- Evidential breath testing (EBT) using Draeger 7410/National Draeger, Inc., an evidential breath testing instrument approved by the National Highway Safety Administration.
- Urine and blood alcohol testing.
- Complete medical review officer services.
- Lab collection services for companies who already have a testing laboratory are available as well.
- Drug and alcohol abuse training videos for supervisors and employees.
For a written quote or bid on your drug-testing needs, please contact:
Phone: (321) 725-4500 x7774
Fax: (321) 434-8881
Drug and alcohol testing FAQs