The two fields of wound management and hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) are closely related. Hyperbaric oxygen has been demonstrated to assist in healing conditions including non-healing diabetic wounds, soft-tissue or bone infections, and radiation tissue damage.
Our Wound Management & Hyperbaric Center treats patients who may be diagnosed with one of the following nine medical diagnoses, which are directly related to compromised wound healing:
- Osteomyelitis (refractory)
- Radiation tissue damage
- Crush injury, compartment syndrome, and other acute traumatic ischemias
- Thermal burns
- Skin grafts and flaps (compromised)
- Enhancement of healing in select problem wounds
- Intracranial abscess
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremities
Patients may access hyperbaric treatment by physician referral. "Please have your physician fax a referral for hyperbaric care to (321) 837-1718, or call (321) 434-1788 for more information on our hyperbaric services.
Wound care FAQs
Maps and directions
Referring physician information
Back to wound management main page