Health First to Host Free CPR Day
Event to Include a Free 5K
WHAT: Health First is pleased to announce a free event to help train people how to save a life. Health First’s 6th Annual Free CPR Day is open to anyone ages 5 and up. Everyone who participates in the CPR training or 5K will receive a free t-shirt.
The Health First Education & Training Center will provide the American Heart Association's “Friends & Family” CPR and AED Training. Please note this does not meet most job-required certifications. Registration is required for both the 5K and CPR training. To register for the event, visit www.HFcpr.org. For more information, please call 321-434-4380. Last year, the event trained more than 5,000 people in CPR.
In 2013 alone, the Heart Center at Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center performed more than 8,000 heart and vascular procedures.
WHEN: Saturday, May 31 from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 5k run begins at 7 a.m.
- Gates to the stadium open at 7:30 a.m. and CPR training begins at 9 a.m.
WHERE: Space Coast Stadium (located at 5800 Stadium Parkway, Melbourne FL 32940)
This year’s event will also include:
- Magic pizza oven for the kids provided by Pizza Gallery & Grill
- Balloon artist for kids
- Heart healthy physician lecture and cooking demonstrations
- First Flight helicopter landing
- Brevard County Fire Rescue
- Blood Mobile
- Appearance by Manny the Manatee
- Robotic demonstrations
- Live music from “Cloud 9 Orchestra”
People who complete the free CPR training will also receive:
- One free ticket to the June 7 or July 5 Brevard County Manatees baseball game
- Certificate for a free personal gourmet pizza from Pizza Gallery & Grill
- Certificate of CPR “Friends & Family” training completion
About Health First
Founded in 1995, Health First is Central Florida’s only fully integrated health system and employs more than 7,500 people and has four hospitals (including Cape Canaveral Hospital, Holmes Regional Medical Center, Palm Bay Hospital and Viera Hospital). Health First Health Plans also offers a wide variety of health insurance plan options for Brevard and Indian River Counties. In addition, Health First is home to Brevard County’s only Trauma Center. Health First Medical Group is the largest multi-specialty physician group on the Space Coast. Health First offers numerous outpatient and wellness services, including four Pro-Health and Fitness Centers. Visit www.Health-First.org for more information.