Health First to Host Free CPR Day and 5K this Saturday
Expecting 5,000 People to Attend Events
WHAT: Health First is hosting a free event on Saturday, May 31 from 7-11 am to help train people how to save a life. Health First’s 6th Annual Free CPR Day is open to anyone ages 5 and up. Everyone who participates in the CPR training or 5K will receive a free t-shirt.
The Health First Education & Training Center will provide the American Heart Association's “Friends & Family” CPR and AED Training. Registration is required for both the 5K and CPR training. To register for the event, visit www.HFcpr.org. For event information, please call 321-434-4380.
Of special note this year will be local heart attack survivor and CPR recipient, Albert Botelho. Albert almost died of a heart attack at a recent 5K. He will talk about how thankful he is that a fellow walker in the race saved his life with basic CPR. Albert will be walking on Saturday and vows to finish this 5K. He will be available for media interviews.
WHEN: Saturday, May 31 from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. (The media is invited to attend anytime and parking for media will be provided in a special area in the designated Handicap lot)
- 5K begins at 7 a.m.
- Gates to the stadium open at 7:30 a.m. and CPR training begins at 9 a.m.
WHERE: Space Coast Stadium (located at 5800 Stadium Parkway, Melbourne FL 32940)
This year’s event will also include:
- Magic pizza oven for the kids provided by Pizza Gallery & Grill
- Balloon artist for kids
- Heart healthy physician lecture and cooking demonstrations
- First Flight helicopter landing
- Brevard County Fire Rescue
- Blood Mobile
- Appearance by Manny the Manatee
- Robotic demonstrations
- Live music from “Cloud 9 Orchestra”
People who complete the free CPR training will also receive:
- One free ticket to the June 7 or July 5 Brevard County Manatees baseball game
- Certificate for a free personal gourmet pizza from Pizza Gallery & Grill
- Certificate of CPR “Friends & Family” training completion (Please note this does not meet most job-required certifications)
About Health First
Founded in 1995, Health First is Central Florida’s only fully integrated delivery network (IDN) and employs more than 7,800 people. The integrator of its IDN is Health First Health Plans offering a wide variety of health insurance options across Central Florida. In addition it operates four hospitals (Cape Canaveral Hospital, Holmes Regional Medical Center, Palm Bay Hospital and Viera Hospital) and is home to Brevard County’s only Trauma Center. Health First Medical Group is the largest multi-specialty physician group on the Space Coast. Health First also offers numerous outpatient and wellness services, including Health First Aging Services, four Health First Pro-Health and Fitness Centers and Home and Hospice care. Visit www.myHEALTHFIRST.org for more information.