Visits from friends and relatives are an important part of recovery, and we welcome them too. However, please check with the nurse for any specific guidelines regarding visitors in intensive care, maternity, or other special units.
- General visiting hours for:
- Health First Cape Canaveral: 11 am - 8 pm daily
- Health First Holmes Regional: General floors: 9 am - 8:30 pm
Maternity: 11 am - 8 pm
CCICU: 10 am - 1 pm, 4 - 6 pm and 8 - 10 pm
MICU & SICU Unrestricted visitation, 24 hrs. per day, 7 days a week
- Health First Palm Bay Hospital: General floors: Visitation in private rooms is 24 hrs. per day, 7 days a week
MICU: 8 am - 6 pm and 8 pm- 6 am
- Health First Viera Hospital: Visitation in private rooms is 24 hrs. per day, 7 days a week
Access from the north side of the building near Wickharm from 5:30 am - 8:30 pm
- Visitors should receive a Visitor ID pass at the Visitor ID Badging Station at Holmes Regional and Palm Bay Hospital.
- Wash hands prior to entering or leaving a pateint's room.
- Visitors should refrain from visiting when ill or recently exposed to a communicable illness or infection.
- Visitors should maintain privacy by only entering the room of the patient they are visiting.
- Facilitating rest and recovery by keeping noise and disturbances to a minimum.
- Wear protective equipment when applicable.
- Refrain from smoking, consuming alcohol or using illegal drugs on Health First premises.
- Visitors should wear appropriate clothing such as shoes and shirts.
- Children under 12 must be under constant supervision by an adult and should be limited to a visit of 30 minutes or less.
- Abide by patient preferences, as well as clinically necessary restrictions or limitations.
- Refrain from interfering with normal health care operations.
- Limit visitation to times specified by each facility.
Cafeteria, gift shop, parking, and after-hours information
Patient confidentiality - The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) governs how we use a patient's private health information. Physicians and hospital staff are not able to discuss a patient's condition with visitors unless the patient has specifically given us permission to do so.
Smoking policy - For the health and safety of our patients, visitors, staff, physicians, and volunteers, absolutely no smoking is permitted on Health First premises. In the interest of better health for all, we support smoking cessation through our Freedom from Smoking classes.
Patient safety - Safety is our number one priority. We encourage patients to remind everyone who comes in contact with them -- including staff and visitors -- about the importance of good hand hygiene. Also, please don't be frightened if you hear alarms; check with a nurse to see if a drill is taking place.