About the Grape Escape
Over the past decade, the Grape Escape has grown to become the premier fundraising event in Brevard County. With over $2.7 million raised, the Grape is the premier philanthropic event in Brevard County to attend, and is known as the event that puts "fun" in "fundraiser."
The inaugural Grape Escape was held in 2001 to benefit the not-for-profit Heart Center at Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center. The goal was to equip The Heart Center with world-class state of the art technology and services to provide residents of Brevard County with a superior level of medical care and treatment. The heart center is located at Health First Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne.
Health First is Brevard's leading provider of cardiac services through it's four acute care hospitals, many outpatient facilities and the flagship of our community heart care - The Heart Center at Holmes Regional Medical Center.
Here's a brief list of just some of the ways the Grape Escape has helped the Heart Center provide world class care to its patients and our community.
- The state-of-the-art Heart Center at Holmes Regional Medical Center
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Helped equip the Electrophysiology Laboratory at Holmes Regional Medical Center
- The purchase of new state-of-the-art real time 3-D echocardiography imaging of the heart
- Purchased an advanced electrophysiology system
- Purchased an Intra-Cardiac Echocardiography (ICE) system
- Continued enhancements to the Cath Lab's Cryogenic Ablation equipment for electrophysiology procedures
- Two-year partnership with American Heart Association to help make Brevard County a Heart Ready county
- Promoted education and prevention of heart disease and placed over 65 Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) throughout the county
- Artis Zeego OR Imaging System
- Educational outreach and ensure medical access for all patients